Monday, December 24, 2012

Tinsel- 12 Days of Christmas Challenge

Merry Christmas Eve Everyone!!  I hope y'all have finished all your shopping, baking and wrapping and can relax and enjoy your family and paint your nails.

Today is the 11th day of the Christmas challenge and out of all of them, this was absolutely the hardest for me!!  I mean, tinsel?  I didn't have a clue.  I did like four designs, but kept coming back to my first one.  This one is my favorite.  And I think it would be fabulous for New Year's Eve too!
I Used:
Icing- Twilight
Loose silver holographic bar glitter

I started with two coats of Icing Twilight.  This is a gorgeous polish!  It's a black jelly with silver micro glitter.  The silver glitter really shows up in the picture above.  I used three coats to make it completely opaque, but two would have been fine.

When that had dried, I applied a thin layer of top coat and sprinkled the loose bar glitter over it.  The glitter was a fabulous find at Dollar Tree.  If you have one near you, go and check it out.  They have started carrying a lot of nail art supplies and everything in the store is $1.00.  On to the manicure, tap down the glitter so you don't have any sharp edges and finish with a top coat.

I don't know if it looks like tinsel, but it's glittering and sparkling all over the place so I'm happy!  And it's perfect for New Year's Eve!  I can not wait to see what everyone else came up with!  Be sure to visit their sites!!  Merry Christmas and Happy Polishing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment