Friday, December 21, 2012

Wreaths (& Tutorial)- 12 Days of Christmas Challenge

Hi Everyone! So after my deliciously tacky Christmas tree ornaments, I went much more sedate with my wreaths!  I had two ideas for this manicure and ended up using both:
I Used:
Orly- Torrid (shimmery red)
Wet-n-Wild- SaGreena the Teenage Witch (medium green shimmer)
Wet-n-Wild- Sage in the City (green shimmer)
Color Club- Ho-Ho-Holly (green with gold shimmer)
Pure Ice- Silver Mercedes (silver metallic)
Dotting Tool (toothpick works perfectly well)
Liner Brush (again, toothpick works great)

NOTE:  I know I've listed three green polishes, but you really only need one.  The three was just to give depth to the wreath.

To start this manicure, I painted two coats of Orly Torrid.  When that dried, I placed four dots of green polish (with a dotter or toothpick) on my nails to guide me in making a circle:
Then just fill in your wreath:

For my accent nail, my middle finger, I made a "close-up" of the wreath.  To make this, start by placing dots in a semi-circle.  This will be the center of the wreath and will be covered up.  Then just draw lines outward from the center, using the three green polishes,

The bows were all made with Pure Ice Silver Mercedes and a liner brush (again, a toothpick works perfectly too).  Just draw two loops and two tails!   Then just dot on some ornaments on the whole wreaths. If the bow makes you nervous, just skip it and add more ornaments.

I promise this is an easy manicure, very Christmas-y and sure to get plenty of attention!  I hope y'all enjoy my design and all the other designs by these incredible bloggers!  Happy Polishing!!

12 comments:

  1. this is just great :D
    silver stands up from that green and red, love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bows! Getting those skinny bits to look right is hard. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dionne - you make my "OCD" personalities heart go pitter pat! Thanks for the 4 dots to make a circle tip! I wanted to do a dotticure wreath, but KNEW I couldn't make a freehand circle I would be happy with. This makes it so much more attainable. You are such a lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mani and tutorial! I never can get my circles right >.<

    ReplyDelete