Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Silver & Gold Water Marble

Hi Every one!!  I hope y'all have had a great Christmas!!  I have this post scheduled for Dec. 26th, so I can take a little time off to spend with my family.  I will be back with more posts for New Year's Eve by the 27th though!! 

So with my daughter in "The Nutcracker", and six shows scheduled over three days, I knew I wouldn't have a chance to do my nails.  I wanted something special but what to do?  I thought about doing nutcrackers, or my daughter's roles (party boy and Chinese), or maybe even sugar plums.  And then I went in a totally different direction!  I love my "Nutcracker" manicure and I think it would be perfect for New Year's Eve: a silver, gold and black water marble!
I Used:
China Glaze- Liquid Leather (black creme)
Wet-n-Wild- The Gold & the Beautiful (very shimmery gold)
Sinful Colors- Heavy Metal (very shimmery silver)
Pure Ice- Jaguar (very pale shimmery gold)

Click here for the step-by-step tutorial with pictures on how to water marble.

I started with two coats of Pure Ice Jaguar since the silver polish was so bright (see my review of Heavy Metal).  The water marble was done the exact same way as the link above.  The only differences were: 1. the order I dropped the polish.  Since silver and gold can sometimes be hard to see when they are side by side, I dropped the black polish in between them so they would stand out. And 2.  the design.  I drew a zig zag design in the bull's eye.

I love, love, love how this came out.  It may not bring Nutcrackers or sugar plum fairies to mind, but it does bring glamour and New Year's Eve to mind.  I definitely am going to enjoy it.  What do y'all think?  Happy Polishing!!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!

    FIY: I've nominated you for a Leibster Award! Please got to my site to learn what it;s about & what you have to do. http://www.inkywhiskersmusings.blogspot.com/2012/12/ive-been-nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete