Monday, December 31, 2012

Red French Tip

Hi again!  As promised, here's my second post of the day.  If you are looking for a more classic look, or something more elegant, I may have what you are looking for:
This is a matte/glossy French tip.  And I promise the hardest thing about this design was figuring out what to call it!

I Used:
Orly- Smolder (dark red shimmer)
NYC- Matte Me Crazy (matte top coat)
Pro FX- Quick Dry High Gloss Top Coat
Crystal Rhinestones

I started with two coats of Orly Smolder .  After that had dried completely, I taped off the ends of my nails (see my tips for creating the perfect French tips here) and then painted the nail beds with the NYC matte top coat.  Then I painted the tips with the Pro-FX high gloss top coat free hand.  You do need to paint the tips to give your nails a smooth finish and feel.

One special thing I did was use real crystal rhinestones as opposed to the acrylic ones sold in beauty supply stores.  You can find them at your local hobby/craft store.  I found mine at Michael's for under $5.00.  I do have two different sizes on too.  Start by placing a dot of the matte top coat in the middle of your nail.  Then place the largest rhinestone.  Then repeat, placing the smaller rhinestones around the larger one.'

I hope y'all enjoy it!  Have a fabulous New Year's Eve!! And be sure to post pictures of your nails and outfits on my facebook page.  Happy Polishing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment