Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Trees-12 Days of Christmas

Hi Everyone!!  I'm so excited!!  I've entered my very first nail art challenge!! It's the 12 Days of Christmas!  The first challenge was Christmas Trees. This took some thought, but I love how they turned out.  Just to let you know, I have six green trees, 2 red ones and 2 black ones.  Yes, black Christmas trees!  I've always had artificial trees (I'm allergic to the real ones) and years ago I saw this gorgeous, sparkly tree and instantly fell in love with it.  It was called a Black Alaskan Fir tree and it is actually black.  I'll post a picture as soon as I get it up. So I put up three trees each year, one black, one red and one white.  No green!

Here is the finished design:
I Used:
China Glaze- Hook and Line (grayish silver metallic)
China Glaze- Polarized (mainly silver glitter)
Orly- Chocoholic (brown with a silver shimmer)
Orly- Torrid (red shimmer)
Icing- Twilight (black with black glitter)
Wet-n-Wild- SaGreena the Teenage Witch (medium green shimmer)
Pure Ice- Silver Mercedes (silver metallic)
Pure Ice- Jaguar (gold metallic)
Liner Brush
Rhinestones (multiple colors)
Glitter (various shapes and colors)
Silver and Gold Beads

I started with a base of two coats of China Glaze Hook and Line.  Then using a liner brush, I made tree trunks with Orly Chocoholic by making one line down the center of my nails.  Then using the same liner brush I made small lines from the trunk outwards on both sides of the lines.  The green trees were made with Wet-n-Wild SaGreena the Teenage Witch.  The red trees were made with Orly Torrid and the black trees were made with Icing Twilight.

Using China Glaze Polarized I made a small line at the tip of my nails for the "floor".  The garland was made using the liner brush and Pure Ice Jaguar and Silver Mercedes.  I just made zigzag lines across the trees.  Next it's time to trim the trees!!  I just used a variety of glitter, rhinestones and beads to create all the decorations and topped each tree with a star.

Don't forget to protect your design with a top coat  And be sure to check out all the other wonderful designs by the folks in our challenge (links after the pictures)!!  Happy Polishing!!


And here are the links to the other wonderful bloggers:

14 comments:

  1. SO pretty! I love the different colored trees its so cool! You did such a beautiful job I can't wait to see what else you come up with!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your red tree. It reminds me of the one my Great-Grandmother used to have when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My grandmother LOVED red, and it's in remembrance of her.

      Delete
  3. ahhh this is so pretty! well done my lovely xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome mani!!! Good luck on your first challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, you really decorated your trees, love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Cute trees. Love how every nail is different! See you day 2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great trees! I love the decorations!

    ReplyDelete