Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Blue Christmas- 12 Days of Christmas Challenge

Hi Everyone!  Today is the second challenge of the 12 Days of Christmas: a Holiday Song.  This one was hard for me. Every song I could think of I couldn't begin to imagine the nail art. I mean, how do you portray "Silent Night"? Or, the one really stuck in my head, "Jingle Bell Rock"?

Then I remembered my mother's favorite Christmas song, "Blue Christmas" by Elvis Presley.  Everyone in my family, me included, loved Elvis.  And that song reminded my mother of a time when she and my dad were dating.  So for us, the song was actually happy.  Today the song is bittersweet for me since both of my parents have passed away.  But it also brings up sweet memories of them.

So here is my final design: a blue gradient background with a sparkling tear drop.
And the song (Sorry, I have no idea how everyone is getting the video on their blog):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ODrPL9-kEs

I Used:
Ulta- Bam-Blue-Zled (pale blue creme)
China Glaze- Blue Year's Eve (dark blue shimmer)
NYC- Skin Tight Denim Creme (dark blue creme)
Ruby Kisses- Baby Blue (light blue glitter in a clear base)

To make this design, I started with two coats of Ulta Bam-Blue-Zled,  Then using China Glaze Blue Year's Eve and the Ulta polish painted on a sponge, I sponged on the gradient.

Then using a fine detail brush, I painted the tear drops using NYC Skin Tight Denim Creme.  Once that dried, I used the same detail brush to cover the tears with Ruby Kiss Baby Blue.  To finish it, I topped off my design with one coat of top coat.

I love how it came out!  One of the few times a design matched the idea in my head, LOL!  Follow the links after the pictures to see everyone else's fabulous designs.  I'm really hoping someone does "Jingle Bell Rock"!  Happy Polishing!!

P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaway here if you haven't all ready!

9 comments:

  1. I love that blue gradient :). And yes, I did Jingle Bell Rock nails :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And especially thank you for doing Jingle Bell Rock! I loved your nails!!!

      Delete
  2. Hey, great nails! They're beautiful! I really like your inspiration for them too. I bet your parents would have loved your choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This mani is totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet memory to go with great nails!

    ReplyDelete