Friday, December 7, 2012

Candy Cane Water Marble-12 Days of Christmas Challenge

Hi Everyone!!  I am now in the final flurry of activity for "The Nutcracker"!  The almost teenager has dress rehearsal Thursday night (12/6), three shows on Friday (for the local school kids), two shows on Saturday and one on Sunday.  And my sister-in-law is coming.  And I haven't cleaned the house or put up any decorations yet.  But I do have my 12 Days of Christmas challenge for today done!  Remember all this when you see my snowmen manicure...it's crazy here right now!  Anyway, the third challenge was Candy Canes!  I realize that this is kind of Scrooge like of me, but I HATE peppermint! So I don't like candy canes.  Well not most of them.  I love the ones that have different flavors.  Cinnamon is my favorite!!  But I did decide to go with a more traditional look for my candy canes and did a white, red and green water marble.
I Used:
China Glaze- White on White (white creme)
Orly- Grave Mistake (dark red creme)
Wet-n-Wild- SaGreena the Teenage Witch (green shimmer)

Click here for my step-by-step tutorial on water marbling!

My step-by-step tutorial on water marbling is exactly how this design was done with one exception, the bull's eye.  After two coats of China Glaze White on White, I dropped the polish in this order: white, red, white, green, white, red, etc.  I just dropped the white every other time to make it resemble a candy cane.  I really like how they came out.  I used a dark red polish so it would look red and not pink, but I don't think I used a dark enough green.  But I still really like them!

I hope y'all candy canes!  And be sure to click on the links after the pictures to see all the other wonderful designs!!  I can't wait to see what everyone has come up with!  Happy Polishing!!

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! I still have yet to try water marbeling, but I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I'm so rubbish at water marbling :)
    One minute it turns out lovely the next horrible.

    I've nominated you for a Liebster award :)
    Check it out here: http://nailthelook.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this is perfect water marble, absolutely love it *.*

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are perfect! And I like the way the green turned out a "mint" green (tee hee). See you day 4

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! I with my watermarbles turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful mani!!! Its ones like these that make me want to try water marble again, knowing they will never look this good!!

    ReplyDelete