Tuesday, February 12, 2013

R31DC: Recreate a Manicure

Hi y'all!!  How are you doing today?  I'm on day 3 of solid rain.  Ugh!!!  It's so hard for me to get motivated when it's cold and rainy.  Although in all fairness, the sun did come out for about an hour just to tease us today.  But that's ok, at least I was able to get some pictures of my mani :D

So today is the last day of the Relaxed 31 Day Challenge.  So sad :(  Today's prompt is recreate a manicure.  I've known for a while I wanted to recreate Emma from Manicurity's camouflage manicure.  I haven't tried one of these yet and this seemed like the perfect opportunity!  Then Saturday night I was tricked by the hubby into watching "Battleship" and I knew I wanted to do the Navy's camouflage. Besides, my Daddy was a Navy veteran.  Here is my version:
And here is a sample of the Navy's camouflage (if you're like me and didn't know this even existed):

I Used:
China Glaze- Immortal (gray with blue shimmer)
City Color- Light Gray (light gray with silver shimmer)
China Glaze- Blue Iguana (blue crelly with pink and purple shimmer)
Sally Hansen- Petrol (dark blue crème)
Dotting Tool

I used China Glaze Immortal as my base and then, just as Emma did, I used two sides of a dotting tool to make the globs and slashes with the other three polishes.  But remember, you can use a toothpick, pin, or pen as a dotting tool.

I've had so much fun doing this challenge and absolutely adore the ladies in it.  I've made some great friends and I can't wait for the next challenge.  Be sure to check out their manicures in the links below.  Happy Polishing!!

2 comments: