Wednesday, February 13, 2013

ABC Challenge: F, Valentine's French Tip

Ok that's a confusing title, lol!  It's time for our ABC Challenge!!  This week is F and I went with a Valentine's Day themed French tip.  I'm not really loving Valentine's Day this year...I have to go in for some tests on Friday and *shudder* the doctor has put me on a liquid diet until then!  Yep, no fancy dinner here...actually, no dinner here :(

But I've decided to put my bitterness aside, lol, and join in the Valentine's mani madness.  Here are my French tips:
I Used:
Orly- Frolic (bright pink crème)
Orly- Torrid (shimmery red)
Dotting Tools

I started with two coats of Orly Frolic, a gorgeous pink/neon-ish crème that I love!!  This is the first time I've used it and it's just such a perfect color.  Then using dotting tools (and remember you can use toothpicks)  I made the alternating hearts.  Just make two large dots then using the smallest dotting tool, drag the polish down to a point.  To add interest, and make room for more hearts, I alternated which way the hearts face.

I really like how this turned out, I think it looks cute.  And I'm not a fan of hearts.  I hope to have a new manicure for you tomorrow, but if not, I will see you as soon as the sedation wears off, lol!  Just in case, Happy Valentine's Day!!  And remember, anyone can be your Valentine, even your four legged friend! 

And if you like this design, please go to Orly's facebook page and vote for my manicure.  Thank you!!  Y'all are just the best and I SOOO appreciate each and every one of you!!

Be sure to check out all the fabulous designs in the links below!!  Have I told you how much I love these ladies?  See you soon and Happy Polishing!!

32 comments:

  1. I love that pink. My phone is having issues with these brights for some reason, but I've seen this color before & love it! Very cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!! I'll go over to Orly and vote for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awhh the hearts are so cute! You have my vote :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pink and the little hearts! Really cute. I voted for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mani! The hearts are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty!!! I did a French mani too with a Valenties Day twist lol, but with different colors :)

    Kelly
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whooo, Orly Frolic looks awesome on your skin tone!
    Good luck for the tests!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, gorgeous mani! I never thought to do hearts with a dotting tool! What's wrong with me? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well actually I have done hearts with a dotting tool but I have used the tool to draw the hearts instead of doing two dots and connecting them. Sounds like a much better way to do it :P

      Delete
  9. This is sooooo clever and pretty. Love, love, love those perfectly formed hearts.

    I'm just so bummed over your liquid diet Valentine's Day, but even more bummed that you have to have these tests! :(

    Be well, my sweet, and keep us all in the loop.

    In sum: beautiful mani, Happy Valentine's Day, and I sure hope your "fast" goes fast.

    Hugs,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sorry you're on such a diet! It'll be over soon ;) Anyways, you have a lovely mani for today, so enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! <3
    Orly Frolic is such a beautiful shade... I have to buy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Damn I love your nails! And I really like this mani. Very V-Day, but not too flowery and cutesy. I'm not a huge fan of V-Day, since I've never really been into expressing love on just one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! I'm loving frolic, need to pick it up! can I have your nails?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's adorable! What a great idea for a french mani!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So so pretty!! I love how you used the hearts to create the French, very cool!! Sorry you got no fancy dinner and I hope your tests go well...I had subway for dinner and my hubby was grumpy when he got home, not the happiest of valentines that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And sorry you didn't have the best Valentine's either...at least I wasn't alone, lol.

      Delete