Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Inspired by a Pattern

Hi y'all!  How is your Tuesday going?  I hope everyone is staying warm and healthy.  I'm finally starting to feel better, but I think it's because I passed the plague on to my poor daughter :(

Deciding on a pattern was tough.  But since I felt horrible and knew I had a long day coming up, I decided to copy the pattern of one of my favorite shirts.  My bestie, who is not a poishaholic like me, is always saying that your nails and clothes should match. So I thought it would be fun to have my nails literally match my clothes:
I Used:
Nina Ultra Pro- French White (white crème)
essence- oh my glitter! (purple with purple shimmer)
NYC- Skin Tight Denim Crème (dark blue shimmer, don't know why it's called a crème)
Striping Tape

I started with two coats of white polish and once that had dried completely, I painted the essence oh my glitter by the cuticle.  Since the blue stripe was going to cover the purple, the edge didn't have to be perfect.  Finally using striping tape, I painted the dark blue stripes and finished it off with a top coat.  (If y'all would like to see the picture of how I taped up my nails, let me know and I will add it)

I hope y'all like this mani and please check out the other ladies and their patterns.  Happy Polishing!!

2 comments: