Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Purple Gradient Glitter

Hi y'all!!  Happy Tuesday!  Since this is our "hit the floor running" day, I have a quick post for you today.  I have a kind of gradient for you.  It's not quite a gradient, so I'm not sure what to call it, lol.  Anyway, here it is:
I Used:
Sinful Colors- Amethyst (medium purple crème)
Piggy Polish- Among the Stars (small round pink holo and micro purple glitters)

To accomplish this look, I started with two coats of Sinful Colors Amethyst.  I love, love, love this color.  Just a perfect purple.  The formula was perfect.  And of course for 1.99,  you can't go wrong.

To make the gradient, I started at the cuticle (for all but the ring/accent finger, there I started at thee tip) with the Piggy Polish.  Make sure there is only a little polish on the brush, and using the brush that came with the polish, brush towards the tip of your nail, but lifting the brush off of your nail by the halfway point.  Make sense?  You'll need to repeat this step to get the glitter thick enough.  Just remember, there is no perfect way to do this.  Your way is going to be fabulous!!  As long as you make sure there isn't a lot of polish on the brush and lift the brush 1/4 to 1/2 way up the nail, it's going to work!  For other ways to do gradients, click here.  And don't forget your top coat!

Have fun with this design, and as always, if you have any questions go to my contact page for my email address.  Have a fabulous day!!  Happy Polishing!!



No comments:

Post a Comment