Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Review: Zoya Storm & Blaze

Hi y'all!!  How is your Tuesday going?  I hope this finds you all warm and cozy...and dry.  I cannot tell y'all how tired I am of rain.  Especially here in Georgia where the temperature can drop dramatically when it rains.

I told y'all I had a lot of polishes to review for you and I wasn't kidding. When Zoya did their three free polishes, I snapped my 3 up and then found some Zoya at Ulta (along with a bunch of other brands).  Today I have Zoya Storm and Blaze from their 2012 Christmas collection.  I was so excited to wear them, I couldn't make up my mind which one to wear first, so I wore them both :)
First up is Zoya Blaze, a crimson red jelly with scattered holographic micro glitter.  The pictures show two coats on all but my index finger, that one has three.  I had gotten a nick in the polish and added a third coat to repair it.  I'm surprised that it showed up so much in the photos. In real life you couldn't tell the difference.  But back to the polish.  Blaze is beautiful in person.  It is a rich red that has a lot of depth to it.  The holographic glitter isn't as obvious as in Storm, but it is there.  Just more sedated.  It looks almost like a jelly sandwich (where you put a coat of glitter between coats of jelly polish).  The formula was perfect.  Not too thin, and not thick even though it is a glitter polish.  It stayed on the nail and didn't flood the cuticles.  Bottom line:  a beautiful, deep red with a slight glitter.
Zoya Storm is my favorite of the two, but then subtle isn't even in my vocabulary, lol.  Storm is a black jelly polish with holographic micro glitter.  Although this is a scatter effect, it's almost linear in real life.  The formula on this one was just as perfect as Blaze.  But the glitter is much more evident and I'm not sure why.  I don't know if the glitter is able to shine through the polish better or if it just contains more glitter.  Whatever the answer, I love this polish!!  It is gorgeous in person.  This is one of those times I wish I had bought two bottles so I have a back up.  The pictures show two coats with top coat.  Bottom line:  a gorgeous, glittery black polish!

Removal was a breeze!  When removing, you would never know these were glitter polishes.  These polishes are gorgeous and not just for Christmas!  They will fantastic any time of the year when you want to add a little glamor or fun.

Be sure to check back tomorrow!!  I have the ABC Challenge for you and our biweekly MAAB question!  And just a hint, I love my combination for the challenge so much I'm already wearing it and hate the idea of taking it off!!  See you tomorrow!  Happy Polishing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment