Monday, February 11, 2013

Inspired by a Tutorial, R31DC

Hi y'all!  How's your Monday going?  I'm not a huge fan of Mondays (but then who is), and a Monday that is rainy and cold leaves me comatose.  Which unfortunately is the type of Monday we have here in Georgia today.  All I want to do is crawl back into bed and wait for Tuesday.  But I can't.  Sigh.

Anyway, today is the second to last day of the Relaxed 31 Day Challenge (another reason to be sad on this dreary day), and today's prompt is Inspired by a tutorial.  For this challenge I picked the chevron nail tutorial from Dressed Up Nails .  And here is my interpretation:

I Used (from lightest to darkest):
essence- grey-t to be here (grey with a purple shimmer)
Sally Hansen- Lacey Lilac (lilac cream)
Wet-n-Wild- On a Trip (purple crème)
Ulta- Celebutante (dark purple crème)
Orly- Wild Wisteria (very dark purple crème)
Small Liner Brush

I do love this look, but it was really time consuming and not great for a perfectionist.  I drew the chevrons free hand and the other nails are two coats of Ulta Celebutante.  One thing I would change is to paint a thin line of the lightest color down the middle of the nail to keep my center straight.  I will definitely be trying this again!

Be sure to check out the other wonderful ladies!  I hope y'all have a fabulous (and dry) Monday and Happy Polishing!!
 
 
 


 

1 comment: