Thursday, November 14, 2013

Review: Loreal The Magic Top Coats The Holographic

Hey Y'all!!  Happy Thursday!  I hope y'all are staying warm where ever you are, cause I'm not!!  When I moved from Florida to North Georgia, one of the things I was most excited about was having actual seasons!  See in Florida you have 10 months of hot, 1 1/2 months of not as hot, and 2 weeks of cold.  Well now that I live in Georgia I've discovered something about myself....I HATE THE COLD!!!!  And it's just started :(  I have the feeling I'm in for a long winter.

But on to happier things, nail polish!!  Loreal has come out with a 5 piece collection called "The Magic Top Coats".   They consists of:

Matte Velvet- matte top coat
True Diamond- micro silver glitter top coat in clear base
The Sparkilicious- large black and holographic glitter in clear base
Shift Me- iridescent shimmer
The Holographic- iridescent flakies
(Click here for a short video demonstration of the new top coats)
 
 
The only one I bought was The Holographic, which I disagree with the title.  To me this was more iridescent flakies than holographic, but that's just my opinion:
The pictures show two coats of The Holographic over a base of OPI Vant To Bite My Neck? (a dark grape purple crème) with a coat of Seche Vite to even it all out.  The formula on this was ok.  It was pretty thick and gloppy.  The biggest problem with that is that the flakies don't lay flat.  I had to kind of mash them down while it was still wet.
Overall, this polish was worth the effort, I love the effect! This kind of flakie makes me feel like I have little lights on my nails!  The glitter factor is huge; it takes very little light for the flakies to flash and sparkle.  And it's head and heels over the Revlon flakie top coats. 
 
I will say these are hard to find.  I found them only at one Walgreens (and there are 4 in the two county area).  That's it.  One.  They retail for $5.99 each.  If you find them, I would recommend getting a couple.  They will add a nice bling to your Holiday nails. 
 
And if you haven't already, be sure to enter our $150 e-card Giveaway!!!  Happy Polishing!!
 
 
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment