Monday, November 4, 2013

Autumn Trees (Or Fall Leaves)

Happy Monday Y'all!!  Can you believe it's already November??  This year seems to be flying by.  I could have sworn Summer had just started.  Oh well, guess I just need to count down the days until shorts weather (I hate the cold in case you haven't noticed!).  So to get myself in the spirit, I created a Fall mani:
I Used:
Orly- Chocoholic (medium brown with a subtle silver shimmer)
China Glaze- Merry Berry (a dark berry/red crème)
Julep- Natasha (orange crème)
Spoiled- Designated Driver (dark yellow crème)
Cotton Swabs
Liner Brush (toothpick will work too)
100% Acetone

This was a fun and easy(I'm just very detailed in my instructions) mani to do and it got a lot of attention.  Here's how:
1.  Paint your nails a base color.  I used the dark yellow, Spoiled Designated Driver, in two coats.
2.  You do need to use the 100% acetone to get this effect.  It can be found in drugstores, grocery stores. 
3.  Gather all your polishes.  Then starting with the darkest color, drop a little on to a paper plate or a piece of paper. 
4.  Dip your cotton swab in the acetone and then into the polish on the plate.  Repeat this step a couple of times to thin out your polish.  Do not pour the acetone into your polish bottle because that will ruin it.  You're looking for the color to be a little see-through/translucent.
5.  Then just dab random spots onto your nail, starting with your darkest color, and ending with the lightest.
6. Finally, using a liner brush or toothpick, create the branches by making short lines.  You don't want them to be real big, so that it looks like they are peeking out from the tree.
7.  Use top coat, and viola!! 
And here's the inspiration for my mani, a street in my town:
I hope y'all enjoyed today's mani!  Happy Polishing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment