Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Hanukkah Ruffian Nails

Hey Y'all!!  Is everyone ready for the Holiday season to kick off?  No?  Me either!  But I did want to get a quick post or two done today.  Since I've already done some Thanksgiving manis, I thought I would do a couple of Hanukkah ones.  My first one is a Hanukkah Ruffian:
I Used:
Pure Ice- French Kiss (bright blue crème)
Pure Ice- Silver Mercedes (silver foil)
Fine detail brush

So Ruffian still isn't one of my favorite designs, but I like how this one turned out.  I think putting the darker color on bottom and the lighter on top doesn't shrink the look of your nails as much as the other way around.
I started with two coats of Pure Ice French Kiss.  I did the silver free hand using a small detail brush.  If you have more patience than I do, you could probably cut out a U shape in scotch tape and use that for the ruffian design.  Otherwise, using a fine brush, carefully make a U shape line about 1/4 of an inch from your cuticle.  Then fill in the rest of the nail to the tip with your silver polish.  Be careful when using a foil polish...they show every dent.  Sadly, I made a couple waiting for this to dry.  But it's so hard to sit still sometimes while your polish dries.  This may need two coats to completely cover the blue underneath. 
Of course you can switch which color is on top.  It would be fun to switch them for an accent nail or two. 

I hope y'all enjoyed today's post.  Happy Polishing!!  And for my US followers, Happy Thanksgiving!!  And Happy Hanukkah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment