Sunday, December 16, 2012

Snowflakes- 12 Days of Christmas Challenge

Hi Everyone!!  Today is the 7th day of the 12 Days of Christmas Challenge.  Today's prompt was snowflakes.  I really love how this manicure turned out.  Here's the finished product:
I Used:
Orly- Halley's Comet (shimmery blue)
Orly- White Tops (white creme)
Liner Brush
Dotting Tool
Rhinestones

I started with two coats of Orly Halley's Comet.  I absolutely love, love this color!  To me it screams winter (unless it's Spring, then it screams Spring, unless it's Summer, then it screams...well you get the idea).  Halley's Comet is beautiful on its own, but made a perfect base for this challenge.

Then using a liner brush (be sure to look up brushes on my tip page) and Orly White Tops, I painted random snowflakes on my nails.  To make the snowflakes, I just painted intersecting lines.  Using a medium dotting tool, I added a few dots to some of the snowflakes and made random dots to represent snow.  Then I painted a pretty thick coat of my Pro-FX top coat and placed rhinestones in the middle of some of the snowflakes.

I hope y'all enjoy this manicure and be sure to check out all the fabulous designs by the other bloggers!!  This is the sweetest bunch of people and I know you will love their designs.  Happy Polishing!!


2 comments: