Monday, December 3, 2012

Review: I'm Doing My Nails Today-Winter Mint

Hi Everyone!  Today I have to start this review with an awful confession: up until three months ago I didn't really know that indie polishes existed.  *Gasp* Well, I knew they existed, I just didn't realize what a big business it was or how many fabulous polishes there were.  So I was trying to figure out where to start and was saved by Cassie when she asked me to review one of her polishes.  The polish company is called I'm Doing My Nails Today.  I LOVE that name!  I use that excuse all the time.  Can someone do the dishes? I'm Doing My Nails Today! Laundry?  I can't, IDMNT!  LOL, see a pattern?

So I was so excited when I saw the package in my mail box.  I opened the package and saw the polish was a frosty white and...I was so disappointed.  I'm really not a fan of light colored polishes.  Really. Don't. Like. Them.  But I promised an honest review, so I painted my nails with Winter Mint.

That's when I realized I was wrong about this polish.  It's a white shimmer/frost based polish with micro light blue glitter and medium sized aqua and light blue square glitter.  Winter Mint is described by the maker as representing the cool feel of winter and that is exactly what it looks like.  It reminds me of moonlit nights when everything is covered by snow.  Ok those nights are rare here in Georgia, but that's what I thought when I saw it.

The formula was perfect.  It went on very smoothly without any dragging or pulling.  It has a very sheer finish.  The aqua and light blue glitters were deposited nicely, I didn't have to fish or place them.  The pictures show two coats with two coats of top coat.

My only complaint, and it's kind of a big one, was the microglitter.  It gave a very rough finish to the polish.  The microglitter is a pale blue but on the nail it ended up looking like salt.  But I've talked to Cassie at IDMNT, and she's already changed the polish to exclude the microglitter.  Everything else has stayed the same.  I think that would make me love this polish.

I didn't think I would like Winter Mint at all, but, excluding the microglitter, I really did like it.  I love the sparkle of the glitters and the glow from the frosty white base.  It's perfect for winter.  (Link to I'm Doing My Nails Today Etsy Shop and prices after pictures)  Happy Polishing!!
Winter Mint is available in mini for $3.99 and full size for $5.99.

Check out the rest of her polishes here!

This product was provided to me for an honest review.  The opinions are mine and not influenced in any way.

1 comment:

  1. Thats awesome. I love Frosty and BBomber. But I dont have money cause all goes to buying my daughter things. x3 And I can't buy online. <'3

    ReplyDelete