Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve Bling Gradient

Hey Y'all!!  Happy New Year's Eve!!  So this New Year's Eve is not going the way I hoped...Mr. Glittery and I are sick :(  They say what you do on New Year's Eve is what you will be doing the rest of the year, here's hoping "they" are wrong.  Not that we had a lot planned, just the hubs, now-a-teen and I at home, but still.  Being sick stinks!  So let me live through you, what fabulous plans do you have for tonight??

Anyway, yesterday I showed you my Waterfall nails, a more subtle look and for today I have a much more blingy look for you:
I Used:
Finger Paints- Colorful Collage (small and medium holo glitters in clear base)
China Glaze- Liquid Leather (black crème)

I SO wish the sun would come out so you could see how this sparkles!  It's blinding!  I love Colorful Collage so much!  If you want bling and glitter for the new year, this will work perfectly!

To get this look I started with two coats of China Glaze Liquid Leather.  Once that had dried, and using the brush that came with the polish, I started about three quarters of the way down my nail from the tip and brushed the polish towards the tip.  Then I went back and painted only the top 1/4 of my nail.  This polish is so packed with glitter, that's all it took to get the gradient....with a little dabbing to fill in any holes at the tip.
So despite the mean hubby sharing his germs with me (he made me sick, not the other way around no matter what he says), at least I can look at my pretty sparkling nails.  Now all I have to do is stay up until midnight for the now-a-teen. 

Here's hoping you have a safe and joyful New Year's Eve and 2014!!  Happy Polishing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment