Thursday, December 5, 2013

The 12 Days of Christmas: Food

Hey Y'all!!  I'm late again, but I have my post up on the right day at least!  This time of year is just nuts...the now-a-teen had to perform and "excerpt" from the Nutcracker tonight and it took all night and half the day to prepare for and do, lol.
 

It's Day 3 of the challenge and today's theme is Food.  Food????  I can't draw food!!  So I went with a design I've been dying to try, Peppermint Swirls:
I Used:
China Glaze- White on White (white crème)
China Glaze- Adventure Red-y (red crème)
China Glaze- White Cap (sheer white crelly with micro gold glitter)
Liner Brush

Ok, this looked way better in my head, but I gave it a shot, lol. 
I started with three (yep, took three) coats of China Glaze White on White. Then topped it with one coat of White Cap, cause glitter makes everything better, right?  Except my pinky. Then using a liner brush and Adventure Red-y, I painted the swirls.  Or attempted to anyway.  On my pinkies, I placed the White Cap on just the red swirls.

So there's my attempt at peppermint candy :)  Be sure to check out what the other ladies came up with in the links below.  Happy Polishing!!





No comments:

Post a Comment