Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year's Eve Waterfall

Hey Y'all!! I'm back!!  Sorry for being gone since last Wednesday, but Mr. Glittery had the rest of the week off so we spent some family time together.  Christmas was pretty great.  It was just us this year, so it was quiet and calm, lol.  I even got some things from my wish list!  Some will be making an appearance soon.  So how was your Christmas??  Did you get what you were hoping for?  Are you ready for 2013 to be over?  Are you going to any parties?  Have I asked you enough questions??

Probably, lol.  So let's get right to the nail design.  Today I have a New Year's Eve Waterfall for you:
I Used:
China Glaze- Liquid Leather (black crème)
Pure Ice- Silver Mercedes (silver foil)
Pure Ice- Jaguar (gold foil)
Liner Brush

Let me start by saying, I do my waterfall designs a little different than everyone else.  Everyone else makes very close lines that are all, basically, the same length and width and tend to not end in a point but are more blunt.  I love that look.  I like to do mine with vary lengths, widths and tapered points.  That's just me.  I have to be different o_O!  You can do yours however you like.  There your nails!  Have fun with it.
I started with three coats of China Glaze Liquid Leather.  Yep, three coats.  My one constant concern with China Glaze polish is that it tends to be thin, and this batch of Liquid Leather was really thin!  Then just take a thin brush and, alternating silver and gold, paint thin lines from your tip towards your cuticle, lifting the brush as you go.
That's it!  I love this look for New Year's Eve.  It's subtle glitz.  Of course you can glam this up or down as much as you like.  To make it even more subtle, try using darker colors like blue and purple.  Or glam it up with silver and gold shimmers or glitters.  Make it your own!

I have a few more New Year's Eve designs coming up or you, so be on the lookout!  Until then, Happy Polishing!!




No comments:

Post a Comment