Monday, December 9, 2013

Festive French Tips (Black & Gold)

Hey Y'all!  Happy Monday!  Did y'all have a great weekend?  Do you have all of your Christmas shopping done?  I've barely started :(  And I haven't gotten anything for the hubby yet.  He's so hard to buy for.  He's all, "I don't need anything.  I just want y'all to have what you want."  Is your mister like this??  Sounds all kind and stuff, but the now-a-teen and I wanna give him presents!  We like that!  Grrrr....  We should get him something hideous, then maybe he will tell us what he really wants.

Oh well, on to the nails!  Today I went with nails a little different for the holidays.  I think they still look festive, but if you're tired of red and green this gives you another idea.  I also think these would be great for New Year's Eve.  So I have black and gold French tips:

I Used:
China Glaze- Liquid Leather (black crème)
China Glaze- Mingle With Kringle (gold glass fleck)
Scotch Tape
Liner Brush

Super easy & super holiday-ish!  Start with two coats of China Glaze Liquid Leather.  Once that has completely dried, lay scotch tape down where you want the tip to be.  You can do it right on your nail line, or you can do it like I did and put it a little closer to your nail edge.  Paint the Mingle With Kringle and immediately remove the tape.
Dab a little polish onto a piece of paper or paper plate first.  Then using a thin liner brush, just draw little wisps...sweep the gold into black and the black into the gold. 

Hope y'all enjoyed today's mani!  Happy Polishing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment