Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Nails

Merry Christmas Y'all!!!  I hope you are having a fabulous day!!  I had so much I needed to do for today, but blood pressure issues kept me up almost night, so it looks like I need to schedule a nap too.  But I wanted to make sure that I got this mani up for you...especially after promising it on instagram yesterday.

So for today I have one of my favorite Holiday nails for you.  I think these are great for Christmas, New Year's or even just because:
I Used:
China Glaze- Just Be-Claws (red foil/shimmer)
Finger Paints- Sparkle Top Coat (gold micro glitter in milky/clear base)
Gold Striping Tape

This is an easy, elegant design.  I started with two coats of China Glaze Just Be-Claws, a gorgeous red foil/shimmer.  This is a gorgeous red that just screams the holidays.  Next came the gold striping tape.  This can be found at bornprettystore (discount code in the right margin, just click and it will take you to the site), Sally's Beauty Supply, a many other stores.    Just lay two strips down horizontally on your nails.  My biggest advice is to NOT wait until your polish dries completely.  If you do it when it's still tacky, the tape adheres much better.  But, once you lay the tape down, it has to stay there, you can't move it.  If you're not real comfortable with striping tape, go ahead and let your polish dry completely and just use two coats of top coat to help seal it.
Once that was done, I used Finger Paints Sparkle Top Coat and painted in between the tape.  Then I just topped it all of with one coat of Seche Vite top coat.

I hope y'all enjoyed today's design.  I also hope y'all have a Very Merry Christmas!!!  I'll have a post up for you in a couple of days, but I'll see you on facebook and instagram!!  And be sure to share your Christmas goodies with me there!!  Happy Polishing and Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment