Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Mish Mash Challenge: Nature

Hey Y'all!!  I'm back doing the challenges!  I missed them.  And since today is Wednesday, it's time for the Mish Mash Challenge!!  This week's theme is nature.  Hmmm....that's broad.  I instantly thought of water, mainly because I love teal/turquoise, water, the beach, etc.  So after a lot of thought, seriously, a lot, here's what I came up with, but it needs an explanation.  Have you ever been on a cruise in the Caribbean?  When you stand on deck at night and look down at the moonlit water, it's just mesmerizing.  There's all these swirling shades of turquoise.  Love it!  That look is what I was going for in today's design.  I tried it two different ways.  This first one is my favorite:

I Used:
China Glaze-Aquadelic (light blue/tiffany blue crème)
Wet-n-Wild- Sea Change (dark blue with teal shimmer)
Orly- Teal Unreal (dark teal crème)
Maybelline- Sparkling Water (dark teal shimmer with blue and purple micro glitter)
Cotton Swabs
100% Acetone

For the top mani, I started with two coats of China Glaze Aquadelic. I then topped my nails with one coat of top coat to prevent the acetone from removing my base color.  Then, I put a couple of drops of each color (except the Aquadelic) on my nail.  Dipping a cotton swab in 100% Acetone, I swirled the colors together.  Me likey!!

The second mani was done in a similar manner (brain freeze...I can't remember what this technique is called, but the directions can be found here).  I really like how this looked, but it didn't look like swirling water.

So the first picture is my favorite for this challenge.  Be sure to check out all my fabulous polish sisters and their incredible nature designs!  I bet there are a lot of Christmas looking ones!  Just click on the pictures below.  And I'll see y'all tomorrow!  Happy Polishing!!




No comments:

Post a Comment