Monday, October 7, 2013

Review: China Glaze Pink of Me

Hi Y'all!!  Happy Monday!!  And for me it is a happy Monday.  The schools here are on Fall break, and though I homeschool the now-a-teen, it means no dance this week.  Ahhh.  I'm going to enjoy a quieter week. 

And happy Breast Cancer Awareness month!  It's October, and that means, besides scheduling your mammogram or remembering to do your self checks, many polish companies release limited edition polish sets with proceeds benefiting cancer research.  Today I have one such collection, China Glaze Pink of Me, benefiting Susan G. Komen:
It consist of (left to right) :
Temptation Carnation- a very pale shimmery pink
Naked- a medium pink with pink and silver shimmer
Sexy Silhouette- a dark shimmery pink/magenta

I bought this at Sally's Beauty Supply for $12.99.  And to be honest, it was mainly the price that attracted me...three full size polishes for approximately $4.33 each is a great deal.  And I can always use the lighter colors since I tend to buy the darker or more bright ones.
On my pinky, index finger and thumb is Temptation Carnation.  As you can see it's a very light, delicate, shimmery pink.  I think this is very feminine and pretty.  There was still a visible nail line after two coats, but I think three would fix that.  I was actually surprised I liked it.  On my ring finger is Naked, a medium pink with silver and pink shimmer.  I was surprised I didn't like this color.  Once I had it on my nails all I could see was Pepto Bismal!  And last, but not least, on my middle finger is Sexy Silhouette, a dark shimmery magenta.  Loved this color!!
The formula on all of these were great.  They were a bit on the thin side, which is common with China Glaze, but nothing to bad.  Overall I'm glad that I bought these.  I got a great deal on the polishes and helped BCA with the purchase.

What BCA polish collection are you looking forward to?  Hope y'all have a great week!  Happy Polishing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment