Saturday, October 19, 2013

Halloween Splatter

Hi my Lovelies!!!  Ok, so I'm a little late...I meant to get this up Friday, but the day just got away from me.  But I have it now!

So for today, I have Halloween Splatter Nails!!  These are my first, and possibly last splatter nails!!  Honestly!  This was one of the hardest and messiest techniques I've ever tried!!  But, I'll admit, the pay off was big:
I Used:
Orly- Liquid Vinyl (black crème)
Color Club- Disco Dress (the perfect purple crème)
Color Club- Daisy Does It (bright yellow glass fleck)
Zoya- Dhara (glittery orange textured polish)
Sinful Colors- Snow Me White (white crème)
Straws

Ok, my first advice: put scotch tape around your nails!  I didn't and I had a huge mess to clean up!!  To start this, I painted all my finger nails black except my ring finger which I painted white.  Then place a few drops of your polish (I suggest working with one color at a time) on a plate or a piece of paper.  Now comes the hard part, lol, dip the straw in the polish.  No really, this is the hard part!  The polish has to make a film across the bottom of the straw or it won't work.  I found thicker polish worked better.  Then place the straw over your nails and blow.  Just alternate your colors (which one you use first) so each nail will look different.
I hope y'all enjoy these!!  I'm off to find the last bit for my Halloween Polish Swap!  Enjoy your Saturday! Happy Polishing!!






No comments:

Post a Comment