Thursday, October 10, 2013

Halloween Drips & Gradients

Hi Y'all!!  Happy Thursday!!  Almost the weekend!!  Not that I have any plans, but at least I don't have to do all the cooking.  So I met some wonderful ladies Tuesday while eating lunch and they really liked my nails, so, I'm skipping order to show you these now.  So here are my first Halloween nails, Drips and Gradients:
I Used:
Zoya- Dhara (glittery orange texture polish)
Orly- Liquid Vinyl (black crème)
Dotting Tool (ball point pen will work great too)
Make Up Sponge

For the gradient nails, I started with two coats of Orly Liquid Vinyl.  Once that dried, I cut up a wedge make up sponge (the ones from a dollar store work perfectly) into more manageable sizes.  But you don't have to, it just works better for me.  I also wet the sponges and wring them out.  This seems to make them more porous and work better  Then just paint the edge of the sponge with Zoya Dhara and dab your nails starting at the tip and working your way 3/4 of the way down your nail.  Just dab.  You don't want a solid color, you want the base to show through.  When that has dried, repeat the steps going 1/2 way down your nails and then repeat again only going 1/4 of the way down your nails.  Then just seal it all with top coat.
The drips are even easier!  Start with two coats o Zoya Dhara.  Once that has dried, drop a couple of drops of the black polish onto a paper plate or scratch paper.  Then dip your large dotting tool into the polish.  If you don't have a dotting tool, a ball point pen would work great.  Then, in a quick straight up and down motion, place a dot where you want the drop to end.  Then draw a shaky line to the tip of your nail.  Once you've drawn all your drips, connect them at the tip of your nail.  Be sure to vary the connections.  You don't want a straight line.
I hope y'all like my first Halloween nails of 2013!!  If you do, and wouldn't mind, please head over to Nails by Ms. Lizard's Halloween Contest and give them, or your favorite, a like!  Thanks!!!

Have a great night Y'all!!  Happy Polishing!!




No comments:

Post a Comment