Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Double Challenge: ABC & Autism Awareness

Happy Wednesday!!  I have a really busy day ahead so I've combined my two challenges for the day, the ABC Challenge and the Autism Awareness.  Just as a reminder, for the ABC Challenge, each week we have to use a polish brand or name, or a nail art or technique that starts with that weeks letter.  This week the letter is O and I've gone with Orly.  And for the Autism Awareness we have blue ruffian nails:
Direct sun
I Used:
China Glaze- Hook and Line
Orly- Shockwave
Orly- Angel Eyes

This design is called Ruffian nails and is actually pretty easy to do; it just takes a slightly ste ady hand.  For this mani, I started with one coat of China Glaze Hook and Line, a grayish silver metallic.  Then just using the brush that came with the polish, I painted two coats of Orly Shockwave, a gorgeous, almost royal blue crème.  Then, because I can't leave well enough alone, I painted my ring finger and thumb with one coat of Orly Angel Eyes.  Angel Eye's is a clear base with micro blue glitter and small hexagon holographic glitter (YUM).

I  really didn't like this design when I started.    I felt like it made my nails look shorter and my cuticles looked 1/4 inch long.  But once I added the glitter (glitter makes everything better), I kind of liked them.  I think I would like them more in a different color combination. Although I LOVE Shockwave and Angel Eyes together! I will have to try them again,  Until later, have a fabulous day and remember we are half way to the weekend!!  Be sure to check out all the amazing ladies in both challenges!!  And, as always, Happy Polishing!!
Light box

Autism Awareness Challenge Ladies:
Alicia from Makeup and Nails, Not War
Carmina from Cubbiful
ChiChi from I’m Just Me... ChiChi
Cordia from Seriously Swatched
Dionne from Glittery Fingers & Sparkling Toes
Erin from Paint Those Piggies!
Jessica from Nail Polish Anonymous
Jillian from Jilltastic Nail Design
Kelly from Peace Love Lacquer
Laura from Little Laura Loves
Nicole from Dipped in Lacquer
Paulina from Paulina’s Passions
Rachael from Rachos Nail Love
Roxana from Beautylicious
Tammy from Lacquer and Leather




6 comments:

  1. I did a half moon mani with hook and line. It's a really nice polish. I have a hard time with ruffians too. I agree they do make your nails look shorter and cuticles wider.... I keep thinking it's the color selection. I have yet to come up with the right color combo for a ruffian, but hey it was a nice attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your nails are so nice and long one can't even tell if the Ruffian shortens them up or not! haha - great one! **

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot do a ruffian to save my life...I either don't get a nice curve or I have too much or too little of the ruffian polish showing lol Yours are great! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angel Eyes is beautiful! I've never tried ruffian's. I think my nails are just too short.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like Orly Shockwave, it's been in my wishlist forever!

    ReplyDelete