Monday, April 8, 2013

Blue Flowers for Autism

Hi y'all!!  Happy Monday!!  Only 5 more days until the weekend!!!  I'm trying to get two posts up for y'all today, so let's get to the first!  I joined some fabulous ladies in a month long Autism Awareness challenge!

Here's the schedule:
I Used:
Julep-Fiona (bright green crème)
Spoiled- Designated Driver (yellow crème)
Orly- Snowcone (light blue crème)
China Glaze- Blue Iguana (sparkly blue with purple shimmer)

So today was flowers....and I drew a blank!  I finally came up with a design:
It didn't turn out how I wanted, but I still like them.  I started with two coats of Julep Fiona.  Using a dotting tool, I made random dots in a sort of circle, ha ha.  Then using a detail brush (just a very thin, short bristled brush), I drew tear shaped petals using the lighter blue of Orly Snowcone.  I then used a liner brush and China Glaze Blue Iguana to add more depth to the petals.  I like the general idea, so I'm going to have to try these again.

Be sure to check out all the other wonderful ladies in the challenge (list below picture)!  And Happy Polishing!!

Alicia from Makeup and Nails, Not War
ChiChi from I’m Just Me... ChiChi
Cordia from Seriously Swatched
Erin from Paint Those Piggies!
Jessica from Nail Polish Anonymous
Jillian from Jilltastic Nail Design
Kelly from Peace Love Lacquer
Laura from Little Laura Loves
Lisa from Glittery Fingers & Sparkling Toes
Nicole from Dipped in Lacquer
Paulina from Paulina’s Passions
Rachael from Rachos Nail Love
Roxana from Beautylicious
Tina from Light of the Moon Nails

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful mani, Dionne...and a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you put the flowers on a bright green background, really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this - very spring-y. The challenge looks like it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete