Thursday, April 11, 2013

Review: China Glaze Galactic Gray

Hi Friends!!!  I hope everybody is having a fantastic day!  I'm having a cranky day!   Just to give you a little reason why:  1.  I woke up feeling something tickling my leg...it was a roach!!  A big one!  Really over an inch long.  Then when I went after it...it didn't run!!  WTH??  And when I stamped on it the first time, it didn't even hurt it!  And it still didn't run!!  But I got it the second time.  2.  Our pollen count is 8024!!!!  I didn't even know it could go that high!  So I'm also miserable!  I would go back to bed, but because of the Frankenstein roach, I'm scared of my bed!

But I do have a review for you, China Glaze Galactic Gray from their new 2012 Holo Collection:
Direct Sun
Isn't that fabulous??  I love the holo effect is just beautiful in person.  It's does have a more subtle holo effect, I think, than the Color Club Holos, but I'm not sure.  No one around me sells Color Club.    But I think the effect is great.  I loved this!  The formula was fantastic, not too thin, not too thick.  The pictures show one coat of top coat UNDER two coats of Galactic Gray.  If you missed my post on Tuesday (shame on you), this is why I used top coat as a base. 

You may remember that I have a thin layer of acrylic over my natural nails, and you may have heard that holographic polish will only work on natural nails...WRONG!!!  Holos work perfectly with every nail type, you just need either a ridge filling base coat, or a top coat that levels.  And by levels, I mean if you paint your top coat over your finished nails and it leaves your nails smooth, it's probably leveled your nails off.  And I highly recommend this for those with natural nails...especially if you have a lot of ridges on your nails.

Bottom line:  I'm in love.  I'm going to let the pictures speak for themselves.  Have a fabulous day!  I think I'm going to go throw a temper tantrum, haha.  Happy Polishing!!
Light Box

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what a day!!! Not good, at all! I didn't know the pollen count could go that high, either, and I'm suffering at probably a small fraction of what you're facing.

    Damn Frankenstein roach!

    This is the one polish in that collection that I'm loving to pieces.

    Dionne...one more thing: have a small glass of wine and get back in bed. The hell with the Frankenstein roach. With one drink under your belt, you'll not care in another hour.

    Night, honey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Light colored holo's are beautiful, but these darker ones are gorgeous. Just love it!

    And the cockroach - I'm all itchy thinking about it. yuck!

    ReplyDelete