Friday, April 26, 2013

Plastic Wrap- Autism Awareness

Hi Y'all!!!  TGIF!!!!  I hope you are having a great Friday!  Do you have any big plans for the weekend?  My not so little one has rehearsal for the her ballet Saturday then on Sunday we are just going to rest.  She has 7 straight days of 4 1/2 hour rehearsals and then 6 shows in 3 days coming up, so we are going to need that day of rest! 

It's hard to believe it, but today is the last day of the Autism Awareness Challenge.  I've loved being a part of the challenge and helping to bring awareness to autism.  I've really been looking forward to today's challenge:  plastic wrap nails.  I've never tried this technique before. I really wanted to, just haven't gotten around to it yet.  So here are my plastic wrap nails:
I Used:
Maybelline- Color Show Pacific Blues Limited Edition (blue crème)
NYC- Skin Tight Denim Crème (dark blue metallic)
Saran Wrap

What do y'all think?  Isn't that the coolest effect?  It looks like marble and is so easy to do!  I started with two coats of Maybelline Color Show Pacific Blues.  This is a limited edition polish that was just released and I have a lot to say about it.  Look for my review coming soon.  Anyway, once that dried it was time to start the plastic wrap portion.  All you do is take a small piece of plastic wrap and wad it up.  Just make sure it doesn't have a smooth surface, the rougher the surface the better the effect.  Then I just placed a couple of drops of NYC Skin Tight Denim (the darker polish) on a paper plate or piece of paper and dipped the plastic wrap in it.  Blot the plastic on the paper a couple of times, then just start dabbing it on your nails.  Turn the plastic as you dab so it won't look uniform.  Then just apply top coat. 

That's it!  Super easy technique with a huge payoff!  You will be seeing this again really soon! I love how this looks.
And although I had to take literally about 50 pictures to get these, the colors are true to life.  This is exactly what it looks like in real life.  I hope you enjoyed today's mani and tutorial.  Be sure to click on the links below to see all the fabulous plastic wrap designs.  And, as always, Happy Polishing!!
Alicia from Makeup and Nails, Not War
Carmina from Cubbiful
ChiChi from I’m Just Me... ChiChi
Cordia from Seriously Swatched
Erin from Paint Those Piggies!
Jessica from Nail Polish Anonymous
Jillian from Jilltastic Nail Design
Kelly from Peace Love Lacquer
Laura from Little Laura Loves
Nicole from Dipped in Lacquer
Paulina from Paulina’s Passions
Rachael from Rachos Nail Love
Roxana from Beautylicious
Tammy from Lacquer and Leather
Tes from Tes Did It NailsAlicia
Tina from Light of the Moon Nails


No comments:

Post a Comment