Saturday, October 13, 2012

Review: R.I.P. by Orly

Hi Everyone!  I love this time of year, don't you?  Cool mornings, football, comfort food, snuggling, I just love Fall.  And of course, Halloween.  It was always one of my favorites.  Growing up, my father made a huge deal out of Halloween by turning our house and yard into a haunted house (topped only by his Christmas decorations).  And I can't forget the candy!  I wish I could, but, yum- chocolate!  Everywhere!

So I decided it was time for some Halloween nails.  Orly has three of their Flash-Glam FX polishes devoted to Halloween:  Monster Mash (a green/holo glitter), Right Amount of Evil (an orange/holo glitter) and R.I.P.  I bought R.I.P.  It's a black jelly polish with hexagon and micro orange glitter.  I tried it alone but after three coats it still wasn't opaque and I wasn't real happy with the look.  So I layered two coats of it over two coats (although only one coat would work) of China Glaze's Liquid Leather (black polish).

I was actually surprised by R.I.P.  The formula was how I expected it to be, thick, but not too thick.  It also had a great distribution of glitter.  I didn't have to place any of the glitter, it covered the nails perfectly.  But it had an almost matte finish.  It also has a rather rough finish.  I strongly recommend using a good top coat.  It took two coats of my favorite to smooth it out.  But I loved the final look.  It's so pretty, in an understated way.  At least in my glitter-obsessed-don't-understand-the-word-gaudy, it is subtle.  This polish would also look fabulous with a matte finish.

So my bottom line- I love it!  And it definitely says Halloween!  Happy Polishing!!

Outside

Orly RI.P.


No comments:

Post a Comment