Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Review: Make a Spectacle, China Glaze's Wicked Collection

I know I've said it before, but I LOVE GLITTER! I especially love this time of year because all the polish companies release their Halloween and Holiday collections, and they always contain glitter polishes!  So with this in mind, I've been waiting on pins and needles for China Glaze's Wicked and Orly's Spellbound collections.

And they're out!! Sadly I could only afford one bottle until payday (I paid $4.99 for Make a Spectacle), so I ran to the beauty supply store with the intention of buying China Glaze's Bizarre Blurple, my favorite from the pictures I'd seen.  But as soon as I walked into the store...I saw Make a Spectacle.  Pictures do not do this polish justice.  You have to see it in real life.


At first look, Make a Spectacle is a clear based duochrome glitter in medium hexagon and micro glitter with a green to golden orange shift.  But it's so much more!  You can see flashes of orange, gold, green, copper, blue and even red.

As for the formula, it was wonderful!  Most glitter polishes tend to be thick and require two to three coats to get descent coverage (or at least to my glitter obsessed liking).  And even after three coats, it can require placing glitter.  But I only have one coat on over 2 coats of China Glaze's Liquid Leather.  Yep! That is just one coat!


This polish is saturated with glittery awesomeness!! And the formula was smooth with the perfect consistency.  I did put two coats of top coat over it since I like a smooth finish on glitter nails, but one would have been fine.

The best part of Make a Spectacle? You can wear it year round!  I already have a list of colors I'm dying to try with this polish.  I highly recommend running to your nearest beauty store and buying Make a Spectacle-it is going to fly off the shelves!  Happy Polishing!!

P.S. I've heard this polish compared to China Glaze's Luxe & Lush.  See my next post for a comparison of the two! (And to see Make a Spectacle over white polish)

No comments:

Post a Comment