Sunday, October 14, 2012

70's Swirls and Dots

Hi Everyone!!  I've been so excited to try my new Konad stamping kit courtesy of my friend Babs at Ezmerelda Enterprises, and I finally had the chance today.  So, this is my first attempt at stamping...not the best, but I still like how it turned out.  It reminds me so much of the 70's!


I Used:
Orly- Oh Cabana Boy
Spoiled- Designated Driver
Konad Plate m79
Konad Polish- Metallic Blue
Dotting Tools

I started with two coats of Orly's Oh Cabana Boy in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness.  I love this polish!  It's a bright pink with a royal blue shift, or shimmer.

Then using the Konad stamper, plate m79 and the Konad blue polish, I started stamping...for the first time.  I have to say using the Konad system was a breeze.  And the clean up was so easy.  I was amazed how easy I found it to use.  My only problem came in the fact that my nails were longer than the stamp...and I couldn't line it up for a second stamp.  But that's ok, that will come with practice.  I was still happy with how it turned out.  I love the loops.  Although next time I use this design, I will probably use the stamp for a french nail effect and put the dots underneath that.

Since the design reminded me so much of the 70's, I added yellow polka dots (very popular in the 70's) of two different sizes.  I really like the final look.  What do y'all think?

And don't forget to to check out my friend's website.  She is looking to reduce her inventory and y'all are getting the benefit.  You can contact her at Ezmereldaenterprises@yahoo.com or babs.parker@gmail.com.  Be sure to tell her I sent you!  Happy Polishing!!

Despite receiving the complimentary Konad system, the opinions expressed are my own and were not influenced by Ezmerelda Enterprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment