Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Halloween Water Marble

Hi Everyone!  I've been so excited to do this:  a Halloween water marble.  I really had a hard time deciding on what colors to use.  At first I thought I would just do orange and black (and I still may), but I'm not a huge fan of two color water marbles.  Then I thought I would use white, orange and yellow for candy corn, but that made me crave candy corn.  Yes, I love candy corn...don't know why but I do!  But then I started thinking, how can I do a Halloween water marble without black?   I love black polish.  So, I finally decided to use them all! 

I Used:
China Glaze- White on White
China Glaze- Liquid Leather (black)
Spoiled- Designated Driver (yellow)
NYC- Times Square Tangerine Creme

Note:  Be sure to check out my step-by-step  water marble tutorial  This one was done the exact same way as the Fall water marble.

I started with two coats of white polish to help the other colors pop.  The order I used for my bull's eye was white, orange, yellow and black.  I was disappointed that the white barely showed and that the yellow was so dominate.  But that happens sometimes with water marbles.  You can't always tell 100% how they are going to turn out.  That's also what makes them fun.  I also ended up with bubbles, sorry.  I dropped the yellow bottle but I waited 30 minutes before using it in the marble, but....bubbles.  I tried to pop them in the bull's eye, but it didn't work.  So let that be a lesson for y'all...you can't pop the bubbles on the surface of the water.  They are evil and just hide!

All that being said, I love my Halloween design.  But then again, I love water marbles!  And they are one of my favorite techniques.  I hope y'all enjoy it too!  Happy Polishing!!









Right hand, my favorite

Left Hand

No comments:

Post a Comment