Thursday, October 18, 2012

Review: Revlon: Moon Candy-Milky Way

Hi Everyone!  I know Revlon's Moon Candy has been out for a while, but I decided to review it since Target and Rite-Aid have them on clearance (along with most of the summer polishes).  I was fascinated with Revlon's Moon Candy as soon as it came out, because, well, they glittered.  And although the $7.99 price tag wasn't that much more than I like to spend on polish, it seemed like a lot for the amount of product you received.  So, I waited and I was able to pick up Milky Way and Cosmic for just $3.99 each.

I couldn't wait to try Milky Way.  It has a dark, charcoal gray base with a clear top coat containing large holographic silver flakies.  Perfect, right?  Not so much.  I was actually disappointed.  For one thing, the gray base coat was very thick, even after using thinner.  I still used two coats though to get an even coverage.  The polish had a tendency to drag.  There was still a good amount of the gray left when I was done.  You will definitely have base color left after the flakies are gone.

The second thing was the flakies.  You do need to place the flakes when painting your first coat.  Otherwise it will be very spotty.  And be sure to flatten down the flakes.  They are very sharp.  Ow! (I learned the hard way, lol)  I used two coats of the flakes for a more saturated look and two coats of top coat to smooth them out.

The saddest part to me is I used half of the flakies top coat for just one manicure.  Still it does glitter a lot and it is pretty.  What do y'all think?  Me?  I'm undecided.  Oh well.  Happy Polishing!!

P.S.  I will try to get pictures in the sun if it ever decides to come out!

No comments:

Post a Comment