Monday, July 1, 2013

Review of Julep Natasha & 4th of July Design

Hi Y'all!!  Happy Monday and Happy July!!  Can you believe it's already July??  Time seems to be going so fast.  I hope y'all had a great weekend.  Mine was fabulous!  We didn't do a thing!  That was so nice for a change.  We cooked out, played video games with the now-a-teenager, went out to breakfast.  It was a nice relaxing time. 

And I only did my nails once all weekend.  This is what I wore the whole time, Julep Natasha:
I bought this from Julep's recent warehouse sale.  It was part of a set called Backyard BBQ, and I think it fits,  Although it's not as dark as ketchup, it is the exact red of tomatoes.  The pictures show two coats with one coat of  Seche Vite.

I really like Natasha.  It's a pretty orange leaning red crème.  It was opaque in two coats and the formula worked fabulously.  It wasn't too thin or thick, just right.  It went on smooth and even. 
LOL sorry for the doggy hair.

I then decided to add some fireworks and stars for the 4th of July (America's Independence Day) with some stamping plates from Salon Express.  Since I promised to show you the good and the bad, here ya go:
I Used:
Julep- Natasha
Salon Express Plate SE20
Salon Express Plate SE22
Konad Polish White
Konad Polish Blue Shimmer

The fireworks worked great.  I love how those came out.  The stars, not so much.  The Salon Express plates that are supposed to cover the full nail, didn't come close.  So I stamped it at an angle.  It worked ok for the pinky, just looks like I used a plate that was too small.  The middle finger however...  I don't know what happened there.  It seems to have shrunk, lol.

I hope y'all enjoyed today's post.  I will see you tomorrow.  And don't forget to check out my facebook page and twitter (links in column to the left).  Some friends are having giveaways and I've posted the links in both.  Happy Polishing!!



No comments:

Post a Comment