Wednesday, July 3, 2013

ABC Challenge: Z is for Zebra (& Neon Gradient)

Hi Everyone!!  I hope y'all have a fun Wednesday.  It's supposed to storm here today through Saturday morning.  Ugh!!  So the now-a-teen and I are going to lunch and a movie.  Now if we can just decide which one.  She wants Despicable Me 2 and I want to see The Lone Ranger.  Don't laugh!!  Don't judge me!  I love westerns!!  Really I do.  It has nothing to do with Johnny Depp being in the movie.  Or him being shirtless throughout it.  Stop laughing!!  It doesn't!!

Fine.  If you're going to be like that I will get on to today's mani.  Today is the last ABC Challenge.  We did it!!  26 weeks later and we are at Z!!!  So for me, Z stands for Zebra and Zoya!
I Used:
Sinful Colors- Snow Me White (white crème)
Orly- Glowstick (yellow neon crème)
China Glaze- I'm With The Lifeguard (green neon shimmer)
Nina Ultra Pro- Blue Blaze (blue neon crème)
Zoya- Storm (black with holographic micro glitter)
Medium Striping Brush
Make Up Sponge

I love how this turned out.  The inspiration for the neon gradient came from one of China Glaze's new ombre kits.  Which are fabulous deals, $12.99 for four full sized polishes.  But for this particular gradient, I had three of the four colors, so I just used my own polishes.  I started with one coat of Sinful Colors Snow Me White.  Then, painting stripes of colors on a make up sponge, I sponged on the neon gradient.  This took two coats.

For the zebra print...well this is probably the easiest animal to do.  All you have to do is paint triangle shaped stripes.  They don't have to be even or straight, in fact they shouldn't be!  So shaky hands, can't draw a straight line...no problem.  You can do this.  Just use a thin, medium bristle length brush.  The only sad thing is the holographic glitter in the black didn't really show up.  But I like it anyway. 

Be sure to check out what the other fabulous ladies have come up with for Z.  And don't forget, we have a new challenge starting up the beginning of August.  This one is 30 weeks long and has some incredible challenges in it.  Now I'm off to bribe, I mean DISCUSS which movie to go see with the now-a-teen.  Who do you think will win?  (Check my facebook page later to see).  Happy Polishing!!







No comments:

Post a Comment