Friday, July 19, 2013

For Talia Joy

I started blogging about a year ago, and discovered the wonderful world of make up and nail videos on You Tube, I know, how did I miss them?  And one name kept popping up, taliajoy18.  I had to check her out.  And, like the rest of the make up world, I fell in love with that sweet girl.  I felt a special affinity for her, she's from my home town and the same age as my daughter.  Not to mention that she knew her make up!  I loved watching her tips and she taught me a lot.  And she's just so bubbly and filled with joy, you can't help but laugh along with her.

And Talia was beautiful, inside and out.  Sadly she had also spent half her life battling cancer, and on Tuesday, July 16, 2013, at the age of 13, she lost that battle.  The make up world has come together to remember her today.  Her last instagram post was of her mint manicure, so today, thanks to Nicole from Nail Polish Wars for organizing this, we wear green to celebrate her life and her accomplishments.  So Talia Joy, this is for you:


The gold ribbon is for childhood cancer and the ring finger has gold balloons being released.  At the end of the post, I will list the polishes I used.

The family has asked that donations be made to the Base Camp Foundation in her memory.  Please take a moment to see what you can do to help.  You can also follow her facebook page, AngelsforTalia to follow her legacy.  Also be sure to check the links below to see what the other bloggers have done for this day.  Now I will leave you with one of my favorite videos of hers.  Thank you Talia for brightening a dark world and for your passion for make up and for life.  Keep Swimming...



I Used:
Sally Hansen- Parrot
Pure Ice- Mint Dream
Pure Ice- Don't You Wish
Pure Ice- Jaguar
China Glaze- White Cap



No comments:

Post a Comment