Thursday, February 13, 2014

Mish Mash Challenge: Black & White

Hey Y'all!!  We survived the great ice storm of 2014!!  We have been so fortunate!!  We didn't lose power or, so far, any trees.  Yay!!  Now just hoping it warms up enough to melt the snow so the hubby can come home.  

So I'm a day late, but I have this week's Mish Mash Challenge theme ready, Black and White:
I Used:
Sinful Colors- Black on Black (black crème)
China Glaze- White on White (white crème)
Orly- Tiara (small silver glitter in a clear base)

I started with three coats of China Glaze White on White.  Once that was completely dry, just using the brush that came with the polish, I painted the black French tips.  This doesn't have to be neat or tidy since you're just going to cover the line up with silver glitter.  It did take two coats of Sinful Colors Black on Black to get complete coverage.
Then using a make up sponge, I dabbed on Orly Tiara to blend into the white and black, giving it a gradient effect.  Then I went back and using the brush that came with Tiara, I dabbed the polish at the line between the black and white until the silver was completely opaque.
I hope y'all enjoyed today's post!  Be sure to check out every one's black and white designs in the links below.  I can't wait to see what they came up with.  Happy Polishing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment