Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day Mani

Hey Y'all!!  Happy Valentine's Day!!  Do y'all do anything special for Valentine's Day?  The hubby and I never really have.  Mainly because our anniversary, my birthday, our now-a-teen's birthday and his birthday all hit late January through February.  Then if you include parents, his siblings, aunts and uncles...it's insane!  So, truth be told, we are usually too broke for Valentine's, along with being way over sweets by then!

Also, I'm not much of a heart and flower kind of person, which is why you only see one Valentine's mani each year, but I did come up with one this year.  And I really like it.  Simple:
I Used:
LA Colors- red crème (no name)
Finger Paints- Oh My Gauche (small gold glitter in clear base)
Fine Detail Brush

I started with three coats of LA Colors in a red crème.  I'm kind of sad about this...it didn't give me a completely opaque look, even after three coats.  But it's one of those things I didn't notice until I was editing the pictures.  Oh well.
Anyway, once that dried, I used a very fine detail brush and hand drew the hearts.  Then filled them in using the same brush.
Don't forget the top coat!

Be sure to share your Valentine's Day plans with me, especially since I don't have any :(

And, if you haven't already, be sure to enter my GIVEAWAY!!!  Today's the last day!

Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Polishing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment