Monday, November 19, 2012

Red & Silver French Tip

Hi Everybody!! I hope y'all are having a fabulous week.  And I hope y'all will forgive me for rushing the season, but I was so excited to try these polishes, I couldn't help myself!  Plus the next three wees are going to be ridiculously busy.  This week is Thanksgiving.  Then two weeks later my almost teenager is in "The Nutcracker".  So on top of her normal five days a week of classes, we have to add Nutcracker rehearsals.  I'm getting tired just thinking of it.  Although this is her sixth year...nope, still not used to it.

So anyway, enough whining.  Here's my first manicure of the Holiday season, a sparkly french tip.  I think this would be great for a Christmas party.


Right Hand
I Used:
Orly- Torrid
China Glaze- Glistening Snow
Silver Striping Tape

I started with two coats of Orly Torrid.  While that was still tacky, I placed the silver striping tape at my finger tip line.  Applying the tape before the nails completely dry helps the tape to stick to your nails.  I used the tape as my guide for making the french tip, but there are other ways to make the french tip here.

Next I painted all of my nail tips, except the ring finger and thumb with two coats of China Glaze Glistening Snow.  For my thumb and ring finger I used two coats of Glistening Snow on the bottom half of my nail. 

Glistening Snow is very similar to China Glaze Angel Wings.  Both are from their 2012 Holiday Collection.  Glistening Snow is a clear based polish packed with silver holographic micro-glitter.  It is so packed with polish that two coats will give you complete coverage.  It has a very subtle glittery look, perfect for the winter.  Once on the nail, it dries very quickly to an almost matte finish.  It's also pretty gritty and soaked up the top coat.

I used two coats of top coat to seal my design and give it a smooth finish.  I hope y'all enjoy this manicure.  Happy Polishing!!
Left Hand

No comments:

Post a Comment