Monday, March 3, 2014

My "I Don't Care If It's Still Winter I Want Spring" Nail Art

Hey Y'all!!  Happy Monday!  Did you have a great weekend?  I had a pretty good one.  The weather yesterday was gorgeous! 72 degrees.  Ahhhh...a hint of Spring.   Sadly, just a hint.  Today's weather STINKS!!  Cold, windy, rain, temperature of 50.  This makes me so sad.  So I'm rebelling!!  I've had it with Winter!  I don't care what the calendar says, I'm starting Spring!  Today! 

So here's my "I Don't Care If It's Winter, I Want Spring" nail design:
Left Hand
Right Hand
I Used:
Zoya- Darcy (bright yellow crème)
Lakme- Aqua Blast (bright blue crème)
OPI- Flashbulb Fuschia (bright fuchsia shimmer)
LA Colors- Palm Tree (green crème)
China Glaze- Liquid Leather (black crème)
Orly- Monster Mash (green holographic medium glitters and small green holographic bar glitters in light green jelly base)
Large Dotting Tool
Very Fine Detail Brush

Now for the tutorial :)  To start, paint your nails yellow and blue.
I used Zoya Darcy in my index and pinky fingers, and Lakme Aqua Blast on the rest.  Then, using OPI Flashbulb Fuchsia and a large dotting tool (the biggest. a pen would work great), make large blobs and teardrop shapes:
These do not need to be perfect.  In fact, perfect would look odd.  For the rose buds, use a green polish, and make leaves covering the lower part of the bud.  Then a straight line for the stem.  On the bud, use black polish to outline the bud and add one curved line from the tip to the bottom to outline one of the petals.
For the roses, using black nail polish, start in the center of the blob and make a little c.  Then make varying sizes of shaky c's going all the way to the outside edge.  On the very edge, make sure you don't completely fill in the line....leave some of the blob showing.
Then on your yellow nails, use your glitter polish to make a gradient.  Start 3/4 of the way down your nail and paint towards your tip.  Then 1/2 way and then 3/4 of the way.  Don't forget the top coat to save your hard work!

Join me in fighting Winter!!  If we all decide that we've had enough, I just know it will go away.  It has to!  Join the fight!!!!

And Happy Polishing!!






No comments:

Post a Comment