Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Summer Challenge: Tiny Grains of Sand

Hey Y'all!!  How is your Tuesday going?  Mine is busy.  I just got a new camera and I'm so excited!!!  The wonderful hubby surprised me with it yesterday.  Now I can take pictures of my nails with a real camera instead of my phone's camera (but this post still has phone pics)  And, even better, I can now take pics of my now-a-teenager while she's dancing.  But first the hard part, trying to figure out how to work it!

But until then, I have the latest Summer Challenge ready for you.  Today's prompt is Tiny Grains of Sand, a dot manicure, so I have a Summery Dotty Gradient for you:
I Used:
Orly- Choreographed Chaos (light pink with light lilac shimmer)
Color Club- Gimme A Grape Big Kiss (bright red/purple)
Dotting Tool
Seche Vite Top Coat

I think this came out cute and looking like Summer.  And the best part is it's very easy to do.  I started with two coats of Orly Choreographed Chaos.  Then, using a large and medium dotting tool (or toothpick would work perfectly), I started making dots.  At the cuticle I made sure they overlapped to make a solid block of color, and then made fewer as I approached the tip.  Make sure to leave the tip plain.  Then just use a top coat.
Be sure to check out what the other ladies came up with for their Tiny Grains of Sand in the links below!  Happy Polishing!!



No comments:

Post a Comment