Wednesday, June 26, 2013

ABC Challenge: Y is for...

Hi ya!!!  I hope everyone is having a fabulous hump day!  Today is the second to last ABC Challenge.  That makes me so sad.  I've loved doing this challenge and have come to love these ladies!!  But the good news?  We have another challenge coming up!  Yay!!  We will be starting up the next one in August :)

All that being said, I have to tell you, the real title for today's post is Y is for Y are You Making Me do Y??  I hit an absolute mental block at Y.  The one and only idea I had was Yellow.  Do you have any idea how frustrating yellow nail polish is?  UGH!!!  I tried two different yellows before finally choosing one.
This is Sinful Colors Anchors Away, a creamy yellow/orange polish.  I love the color, it reminds me of marinas, docks and the sea, so the name is perfect.  As for it's performance...

First, it's just like every other yellow because it was a pain in the tush to apply.  I love yellow polish and absolutely hate yellow polish.  It takes a minimum of three coats to get full coverage.  Seriously??  Ain't nobody got time for that!  This is three coats with top coat.  And what you see in the pictures is my third attempt. Why three attempts?  Because this polish didn't want to dry!!  It felt dry.  It looked dry.  I grab my book...NOT DRY!!!  I'd get a huge nick and have to redo that nail or nails.  By the second attempt, I would let 30 minutes pass between coats.  Guess what?  NOT DRY!!!
So now I've decided that Y is no longer a part of the ABC Challenge!!  Y and Yellow hate me so they are out of here!!

Ok, I'm done ranting, for now.  Please join me and see what these wonderfully creative ladies have come up with for the mean and cruel Y.  Happy Polishing!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment