Wednesday, March 27, 2013

ABC Challenge: L

Hi Everybody!!!!  I'm so excited to be able to post again!!  If you missed it, my daughter and I had pneumonia AND the flu!!  It's been so hard.  And then to get the bad health news that they found by accident.... but I'm not going to think about that now.  Right now, I'm just thrilled to be back!!

And for this week's ABC Challenge it's the letter L and to make up for missing two weeks, I have three L's for you:  OPI Lincoln Park After Dark and China Glaze Luxe and Lush!!

I really love this combination! A dear friend, whose actually more like a sister, gave me the OPI Lincoln Park After Dark.  Love her!!  She's one of those people who no matter what's going on always looks perfect...hair done, nails done, make up perfect.  She can be sick as anything and still look beautiful *jealous*  Anyway, she only wears this color nail polish, so I love how it always reminds me of Alison!  Lincoln Park After Dark is a gorgeous, dark, vampy purple crème.  It goes on so smooth and glossy, it looks like glass.

Then over that is one coat of Luxe & Lush from China Glaze's Hunger Game collection.  Luxe and Lush represents the rich District 1 and it fits.  L&L is a gold/green/copper flakie and over the dark purple, it looks like gold and copper flakes.  Just fabulousness all around!
 
Pictures just do not do justice to this combo, it looks incredible and luxurious in real life,  One of my favorites!  Be sure to check out all the other wonderful ladies and their fabulous L designs!  Happy Polishing!!


14 comments:

  1. I love both those colors. They look amazing together!

    Hope you both are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing combo! It seems you have black opals on your nails. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the combo, but especially love Luxe and Lush! :D It's simply amazing! Like broken diamonds...

    I hope you're all good and recovered now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! They look good together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so striking. I hope everything is okay and you are both getting better xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that you and your daughter are on the mend. You guys got hit BAD. :(

    Lincoln Park is one heckuva legendary polish. It takes on a new dimension with Luxe and Lush. I think each one betters the other by its presence. It's a mutual lovefest.

    So happy you're back. Get well and keep painting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't thought of using Luxe and Lush over a deep purple, but I love the combo here. May have to give it a try! I'm glad to hear your and your daughter are feeling better...I hope you're both back to 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Total opals on your nails!! Beautiful and so happy your back and feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lincoln Park After Dark is just...yummy. I have a couple of OPI's on my wishlist, and this was one of them. Now that I see on, I am definitely getting it. And flakies just make everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are 2 of my fave polishes, and man! They look awesome together!!!! I am so glad you're feeling better. Being that sick is the worst!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back! Can you believe Lincoln Park After Dark was the first OPI I've ever bought and... ehrrrrr, it's still untried! OMG, I must fix that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh! What a beautiful combo! I love Lincoln Park After Dark too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really diggin Luxe and Lush!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Luxe and Lush is one of my favorite shard glitter polishes. Great job on the challenge :D

    ReplyDelete