Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Double Challenge: Stripes & B

Hi Everyone!!  How are y'all doing today?  Everything is going pretty good here.  My almost teenager went up on pointe last night and she is so excited!  Well, she really can't wait until she can wear them away from the barre, but she still enjoyed it. 

As for me, I have TWO challenges for you today!  Of course there is the Relaxed  31 Day Challenge, which is Stripes today, and my new challenge by Kimber at Kimber's Lacquer Korner , the ABC Challenge!  Every Wednesday for 26 weeks, our mani has to have something to do with that week's letter.  This week is the letter B.  So for today I have Blue Stripes:  (there is one more b)
I Used:
Orly- Snowcone (light blue crème)
Ulta- Blues Cruise (blue jelly with dark blue glitter)
Long Liner Brush

I started this with two coats of Orly Snowcone and then with the long liner brush, I painted the stripes in a random pattern by free hand.  I like how this turned out, but if I was to do it again, I would use a one coat polish for the stripes.  Since I used a jelly with glitter, I had to go over the lines like 3 to 4 times and that made the lines less crisp.  That's the only thing I didn't like.
Right Hand
Left Hand
I'm so excited to be in these two challenges!!  And if anyone can help me figure out what to do for the Q, U and X weeks, I'll be your very best friend!!!!  Be sure to check out all the participants of both the Relaxed 31 Day Challenge and the ABC Challenge!  This is an extremely creative bunch!  And, as always, Happy Polishing!!


16 comments:

  1. It's a blue basket weave! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some nicely freehanded lines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Love those stripes. Beautiful effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow nice way to combine 2 challenges! Love how the stripes are different on each nail :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe we're so similar today!! Love that blue Ulta polish <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job!! I'm not even thinking q, x and z yet because I know I have nothing that starts with those letters!! I need to come up with some pretty cool nail art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job freehanding those lines :) Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous! Can't believe you free-handed them!

    ReplyDelete