Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 18: Half Moons (&Tutorial), R31DC

Hi y'all!!!  How is everyone?  Since I started complaining about the freezing weather yesterday, karma is getting revenge...we are expecting sleet and freezing rain on Friday.  And I have to be out running around in it.  So I'm thinking of taking up a collection to put a hit out on General Beauregard (yes, that is the name of the groundhog in the south...go ahead, laugh it up) if he sees his shadow.  We can take up one for our northern friends too against Punxutney Phil.  I mean it, Spring had better be on the way!! LOL!

Today in the R31DC is half moons.  I've done a tutorial on tradition half moons here.  And here is another version:
I Used:
Orly- Rage
Zoya- Jem
Scotch tape

I started with two coats of Orly Rage, a beautiful, light copper shimmer.  Once that had dried completely, I cut out triangles out of scotch tape:
And placed them down by my cuticles:
 

Then using the gorgeous, shimmery Zoya Jem, I painted one kind of thick coat.  Paint your nails one at a time and remove the tape before going on to the next nail.  Then just finish with your favorite top coat.

I hope y'all enjoyed this manicure!  And be sure to check out all the other wonderful half-moon designs!  Happy Polishing!!

3 comments: