Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 8: Metallic, Relaxed 31 Day Challenge

Hi Everyone!!!  How are y'all doing today?  Thank goodness it's almost Friday, and I can't wait!  My almost teenager is getting her pointe shoes on Saturday and I think she is going to drive me insane.  I do get it, it's extremely exciting, and she's trained for this since she was 5, but I can't make the week go any faster.  Trust me, if I could I would, lol!

Today's challenge is Metallic.  This one was hard for me.  I have a lot of silver, gold, etc that I love, so which one?  Finally I went with a polish I have a love/hate relationship with, Sally Hansen, Chrome Series, White Gold Chrome:
 
I've owned this polish for years and years.  I can't remember when I bought it, but I know it was in Florida, before I moved to Georgia, and my daughter wasn't even a thought...so at least 15 years.
 
Ok, here's what I love:  1.  The color.  It's a perfect silver color.  2.  How bright it is.  These pictures were taken outside on a dark and overcast day and they are just glowing.  I know people had to be able to see them from a mile away.  3.  Part super formula.  This bottle is at least 15 years old and has never been thinned.  It's just as "flow-y" as the day I bought it.
 
And what I hate:  1.  The formula.  If you look on my middle finger, you can see bubbles.  I've never used this polish and have it be bubble free.  And nothing seems to prevent it.  2.  It is so streaky.  It shows every brush stroke.  3.  The finish.  Even with my super duper high gloss top coat, the finish seems matted.
 
Even though these have been discontinued, you can still find them on Amazon and ebay.
 
So do I love or hate it?  Yep!  Be sure to check out all the other fabulous designs and check back tomorrow for rainbows!  Happy Polishing!!!
 
 
 
 

 

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, I remember when these came out...I had a pink one :D A lot of older polishes bubbled on my nails. I rarely have that problem now. Have you tried sponging on the last coat to avoid the brush strokes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have 2 of these - Aquamarine and Royal Purple. from what I remember, agreed.. love the color, the formula is less than desirable. I've definitely used worse though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yes I've had worse too. I have a total of four of them, but I missed the ones you have :-(

      Delete