Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 21: Inspired by a Color, R31DC

Hi Friends!!  Happy Tuesday!  I hope y'all are having a great week!  Today is day 21 of the Relaxed 31 Day Challenge and the prompt is Inspired by a color.  To be honest, yesterday's water marble was inspired by a color.  My absolute favorite color is purple, and what's better than one shade of purple? Three shades of purple!!  So I had to come up with a new idea. I wanted to do a purple flakie, and then I found this Layla at Ulta. And this is what I've gone with:
This is Layla Ceramic Effect.  I don't know the name of the color, it's marked CE52.  I tried to look it up on their web site, but since I don't speak Italian, I didn't get very far, lol.  This is two coats with out a top coat.  I originally put a top coat on and it ruined the effect of the flakies. 

This is a gorgeous polish!!  The base is a perfect shade of purple jelly.  And the flakies are just beautiful.  They are a copper to gold in direct light.  Then in the shade they just come alive:
The formula was perfect, but there are a couple of negatives.  One is it seems to take forever to dry and second is that it wears away quickly.  After just a few hours, the corners of my nails were worn down.  But overall I love this polish and it's worth any negatives!  Be sure to check the other wonderful ladies to see how they were inspired by a color and Happy Polishing!!

1 comment:

  1. Super pretty! According to the Ninja Polish shop, it is called The Butterfly Effect. :)

    ReplyDelete